Pixelmator Pro is an incredibly powerful, beautiful, and easy to use image editor designed exclusively for Mac.
With a wide range of professional-grade, nondestructive image editing tools, Pixelmator Pro lets you bring out the best in your photos, create gorgeous compositions and designs, draw, paint, apply stunning effects, design beautiful text, and edit images in just about any way you can imagine. And thanks to its intuitive and accessible design, Pixelmator Pro is delightfully easy to use — whether you’re just starting out with image editing or you’re a seasoned pro.
Exceptional Design and Functionality
- The modern, single-window interface of Pixelmator Pro is designed exclusively for working with images on a Mac
- An intuitive and refined design makes image editing easy and accessible, even if you’re a complete beginner
- Native dark and light appearances adapt to the light and dark modes of macOS
- A customizable interface lets you organize your creative environment just the way you want
- Choose from workspace presets created for photography, design, illustration, and painting
- A full-featured Photos extension lets you edit images using Pixelmator Pro without ever leaving Photos, saving layered, nondestructive edits directly to your library
- Enhance your existing images and create new ones using every image editing tool you could ever need
- Edit nondestructively, adjusting individual changes whenever you like
- Easily move, resize, and arrange objects to create stunning compositions
- Adjust colors with a collection of nondestructive, machine learning-powered color adjustments
- Enjoy superior support for RAW files, editing RAW images using all their extended range data
- Create digital or traditional paintings using handcrafted, fully-customizable, dual-texture brushes with full support for digital graphics tablets
- Combine the built-in effects to create any artistic or special effects you can imagine
- Save adjustment, effect, and layer style combinations as presets, use them in any of your images, and share them with others
- Speed up image editing with hundreds of presets for color adjustments, effects, layer styles, and shapes
- Magically remove small imperfections or entire objects, seamlessly clone parts of your photos, and lighten or darken precise areas using a full set of retouching tools
- Use the reshaping tools to easily change the shape of any object or area in your images
- Add customizable vector graphics designed by the Pixelmator Team
- Create your own vector graphics using the Pen tool
- Easily design great-looking text with a full set of typography tools
- Quickly create curved, circular, and path text
- Optimize and save your images for the web, using advanced compression to shrink file sizes
- Batch process images using built-in Automator actions
- Effortlessly automate workflows using full-featured AppleScript support
Image Editing Enhanced by Machine Learning
- Magically remove objects, recreating image areas with stunning realism using the Repair tool
- Use ML Enhance to intelligently enhance photos with a machine learning algorithm trained on millions of professional photos
- Zoom and enhance image resolution with the incredible ML Super Resolution
- Automatically copy the look of one photo to another with ML Match Colors
- Remove image noise and compression artifacts while preserving details using ML Denoise
- Quickly make accurate selections with ease using the Quick Selection tool
- Open and edit images in all the most popular image formats, including JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PSD, HEIF, SVG, PDF, GIF, BMP, TGA, WebP and JPEG-2000
- Open and edit Photoshop images with layers
- Open and edit SVG vector images
- Share your images to Photos, Mail, AirDrop, and other locations
Built Exclusively for Mac
Designed exclusively for macOS, Pixelmator Pro supports almost every major macOS feature and integrates seamlessly with macOS Big Sur.
Pixelmator Pro 2.2 Carmel includes full support for macOS Monterey and the powerful new M1 Pro and M1 Max chips, adds 28 image editing actions to the new Shortcuts app, includes a Split Comparison view for easily comparing edits, and more.
- Pixelmator Pro is now fully compatible with and works great on macOS 12 Monterey.
- Thanks to support for the M1 Pro and M1 Max chips, Pixelmator Pro harnesses the full power of the fastest MacBook Pro devices ever.
- In the new Shortcuts app, you’ll find 28 powerful Pixelmator Pro actions, including ones featuring our machine learning-powered tools, actions for replacing text and images in documents, overlaying images, optimizing images for the web, and much more.
- To show you what Shortcuts can do, we’ve also included 6 very cool sample shortcuts – find those in our What’s New window.
- The new Split Comparison view lets you easily see an interactive split-screen view of any layer with and without edits applied to it.
- To turn on the slider, you can Option-click the Show Original button in the Tool Options pane when using the Color Adjustments, Effects, retouching, and reshaping tools.
- Or, you can force click your image while using the Color Adjustments and Effects tools.
- And, to always have access to the Split Comparison view, you can also add the new Compare button to the Pixelmator Pro toolbar by clicking View > Customize Toolbar.
- When inserting image layers using the FaceTime camera, these will now include portrait masks to make it easier to blur or remove backgrounds and add effects to your FaceTime photos.
- Use the new Bokeh blur effect to apply beautiful photographic blurs to images.
- Pixelmator Pro can now import .PHOTO files, so you can open images you’ve edited in Pixelmator Photo for iPad with your nondestructive edits preserved.
- Maximum brush spacing has been increased from 100% to 1000%.
- 16-bit images exported to PSD with the Optimize for Apple Pro Apps setting turned on were not being exported with 8-bit per channel color as they should. Fixed.
- Apply Color Adjustment Preset to Image: Applies a selected color adjustment preset to images.
- Apply Effect Preset to Image: Applies a selected effect preset to images.
- Apply LUT to Image: Applies a custom LUT to an image.
- Automatically Crop Image: Automatically crops images using the machine learning-powered ML Crop algorithm.
- Automatically Enhance Image: Automatically enhances the look of images using our ML Enhance algorithm.
- Convert Image: Converts the images into the specified image format.
- Crop Image to Aspect Ratio: Crops images to a specific aspect ratio, fitting the original image into the new ratio if necessary.
- Denoise Image: Automatically removes camera noise from images using our ML Denoise algorithm.
- Get Person Mask from Photo: Using a machine learning algorithm, this action returns a grayscale mask image from images that contain people.
- Increase Resolution of Image: Increases the resolution of images by 3 times using our ML Super Resolution algorithm.
- Match Colors of Images: Matches the colors of an image to those of a different image using the ML Match Colors algorithm.
- Optimize Image for Web: Optimizes images for use on the web.
- Overlay Image: Overlays an image on top of another with the selected blending and opacity settings.
- Remove Background from Portrait Photo: Using a machine learning-powered algorithm, this action removes the background from images that contain people.
- Replace Layer in Document: Replaces the specified image layer in layered documents with the image you specify while preserving all its nondestructive properties.
- Replace Text in Document: Replaces all instances of some text in layered documents with the text you specify.
- And 12 more that we couldn’t fit in this list!
- You must login to post comments